HP3000-L Archives

January 2001, Week 4

From:
"Eric H. Sand" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Eric H. Sand
Date:
Tue, 23 Jan 2001 17:14:40 -0600
Gentle Listers,
    Perspective is always subjective until we inject a little humor into it,
power shortages and religion being what they are these days, and this from
me, a Monterey(5th generation)  Californian. A friend passed this on.....

                                   Eric Sand

The Texan, Californian, And Oregonian

A Texan, a Californian, and Oregonian are out riding horses. The
Texan pulls out an expensive bottle of whiskey, takes a long
draught, then another and suddenly throws it into the air, pulls
out his gun and shoots the bottle in midair.

The Californian looks at him and says, "What are you doing? That
was a perfectly good bottle of whiskey!"

The Texan says, "In Texas, there is plenty of whiskey and the
bottles are cheap."

A while later, not wanting to be outdone, the Californian pulls
out a bottle of champagne, takes a few sips, throws the champagne
into the air, pulls out his gun and shoots it in midair.

The Oregonian can't believe his eyes, "What the heck did you do
that for? That was a perfectly good bottle of champagne!"

The Californian says, "In California, we have plenty of champagne
and bottles are cheap."

So, awhile later, the Oregonian pulls out a bottle of Widmer
Hefeweizen. He opens it, takes a sip, and then chugs the whole
bottle. He then puts the bottle in his saddlebag, pulls out his
gun, and shoots the Californian.

The Texan, shocked, says, "Why the hell did you do that?!"

The Oregonian replies, "In Oregon, we have plenty of Californians
and the bottles are worth a nickel."