HP3000-L Archives

January 2001, Week 3

From:
Michael Berkowitz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Michael Berkowitz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Jan 2001 10:35:43 -0800
Paul Christidis writes:

-----Original Message-----
From: Paul H Christidis [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Tuesday, January 16, 2001 9:19 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: ABORTJOB Enhancement Idea

Patrick,

I've asked for such an enhancement more than 3 years ago motivated,
perhaps, by a very similar incident.  I don't remember if an SR had been
issued.

Considering the fact that the needed information are already stored in the
system log file, it does not seem that such an enhancement would be that
difficult to provide.  Perhaps we need to start a 'campaign' of sorts to
get as many sites as possible to 'sign on' to this request since the RC
maintains that the more sites request an enhancement the higher its
priority becomes.
On the same subject of who's messing with a job, there has been an
enhancement on the system improvement ballot to print who and when suspended
and resumed a job on the $stdlist.

Mike Berkowitz
Guess? Inc.