HP3000-L Archives

January 2001, Week 3

From:
Denys Beauchemin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 19 Jan 2001 20:25:13 -0600

http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/nm/20010118/pl/bush_energy_dc_3.html

Then, John Allen-Day comments:
Ouch!!

I had a feeling that Bush was going to be a disaster for the US economy but
this was one I didn't anticipate!

Actually, neither did Clinton and the environmentalist movement.  They are the
ones to blame for the California power problems.  Clinton has done incredible
damage to the US economy over the last 8 years, it's a tribute to the Reagan
expansion that the economy did as well as it did for so long even under his
incessant attacks.  Thankfully after his damaging tax increases and his attempt
to take over 1/7 of the US economy, he paved the way for a Republican congress
which then kept him in check for the next 6 years, thus minimizing the damage
he could inflict on the US economy.

I find it simply amazing the way some people immediately blame President-elect
Bush for the slowdown in the economy, which started over a year ago, and for
 the incredibly lax attitude of the Energy department over the last 8 years.
 These same people probably attributed the turnaround in the economy during the
last year and a half of President Bush's term to Clinton.  Just before
President Bush left office, the economy was growing at 5.4%.

I have included a link to an article that was published yesterday, recapping
the Clinton presidency.  I think it sums it up pretty nicely.

http://www.jewishworldreview.com/tony/snow.html

Kind regards,

Denys. . .

Denys Beauchemin
HICOMP
(800) 323-8863  (281) 288-7438         Fax: (281) 355-6879
denys at hicomp.com                             www.hicomp.com