HP3000-L Archives

January 2001, Week 3

From:
Stan Sieler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Stan Sieler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Jan 2001 11:28:16 -0800
Re:

> I suspect that California residents would rather see this technology evolve
> into a nice little box that stores the light during the morning and releases
> it into their light bulbs in the afternoon when the power grid is shut down.

See "Slow Glass", invented by Bob Shaw, 1966, in his science fiction
story "The Light of Other Days".
http://ebbs.english.vt.edu/exper/kcramer/anth/Days.html

Or, the novel-length treatment "Other Days, Other Eyes"
http://www.bookfinder.com/search/?st=sl&ac=sl&qi=tVRGXOYNsKXKNAldOyvanretVRi8SMva:9:114
Stan Sieler                                           [log in to unmask]
www.allegro.com/sieler/wanted/index.html          www.allegro.com/sieler