HP3000-L Archives

January 2001, Week 3

From:
EBEN YONG <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
EBEN YONG <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Jan 2001 17:23:33 -0800
FYI,

For anyone who is interested, I've put together a simple web page and two
Perl scripts that interface with our Job Rescue system.  Job Rescue is a
package from Nobix that allows you to keep track of every job that runs.  It
automatically archives each $stdlist as it comes off the system.  The
interface is intuitive but only accessible from the command-line.

The web page allows an individual to view $stdlists for the current day and
any of the 180 previous days (logs) for the entire log; or limited only to
$stdlists with exceptions; or all the $stdlists for a given jobname over the
entire archive period.  First you do the search based on Job Name and/or
Log#.  When the list of qualifying $stdlists is presented to you, you have
the option of clicking through to view the actual $stdlist.

You need to have Apache and Perl installed and of course, Job Rescue, on
your system.  Thanks to Mark Bixby for his excellent ports and Nobix for
their Job Rescue software.  Also, many thanks to those of you who have
answered my questions to get me to this point (like Ted Ashton--muchas
gracias).

Let me know if you're interested and I'll e-mail you screenshots as well as
the web page and scripts.

Eben