HP3000-L Archives

January 2001, Week 3

From:
Gavin Scott <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Gavin Scott <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Jan 2001 15:25:35 -0800
Joseph writes:
> I, like many others, will not be able to attend the SIG meetings
> this year.
[...]
> It would help if the agenda's were made public.

The agendas are supposed to be up on a web site shortly.

> The next idea may be something to think about for next year. HP has
> facilities to broadcast to many of its satellite offices around
> the country.

This is an excellent suggestion.  This year's SIG/3000 format of being held
at HP with all activities taking place in one room (single tracked) would
make it much more practical to do some form of broadcast I would think.  And
as Joseph points out, the room we're using is already fully wired for this
sort of thing.

I don't know if we could get HP to contribute the cost of their people's
time and the satellite time to do a real interactive broadcast out to the
various field offices, but it's certainly worth investigating.

A simpler option might be to try to webcast the event, though I've not
personally witnessed a webcast that was particularly satisfying.

G.