HP3000-L Archives

January 2001, Week 3

From:
Arthur Frank <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Arthur Frank <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Jan 2001 13:59:00 -0800
Hello,

Warning!  The following was written by someone (me) who has only a tenuous grasp of using/configuring/troubleshooting Sendmail.

I am trying to allow controlled SMTP relaying with Sendmail (looks like version 8.9.1?) on my HP 3000, and I can only get it working if I use FEATURE(relay_entire_domain) in the mpeix.m4 file.  (Side question:  Is this really where I should be putting these FEATUREs?)  I would rather tighten this down to just my subnet, and this is where I run into problems.

If I try to use FEATURE(access_db) nothing seems to happen.  If I put in quotes, and specify where the file location, like so:  FEATURE(`access_db', `hash /etc/mail/access') I get the following error:  hash map "access": unsafe map file /etc/mail/access.db: Permission denied.  (Another side question:  which is the proper syntax for these FEATUREs, enclosed in `' or not?)

Now, ditching the whole access_db angle, I removed that FEATURE from mpeix.m4 (again, is this where I should be putting this stuff?) I tried creating the /etc/mail/relay-domains file.  I put the specific IP address of my computer in this file, and it didn't work.  I tried putting in my subnet and I get this error:  /etc/sendmail.cf: line 93: cannot open: file /etc/mail/relay-domains changed after open

What gives?  Any assistance would be most appreciated.

TIA,

Art Frank
Manager of Information Systems
OHS Foundation