HP3000-L Archives

January 2001, Week 3

From:
Wirt Atmar <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 17 Jan 2001 12:31:48 EST
Allen asks:

> I used a Y cable splitter to attach two monitors to my Compaq PC.   The
>  video signal is diminished and is causing the screen to be dim and not as
>  sharp.  Has anyone had success attaching two monitors to a PC and how did
>  you do it?

My product of choice for this is:

     http://www.hallresearch.com/brochures/splitters/200_splitter.htm

We use Hall Research's 8-way splitters (a larger version of the device above)
for our classrooms and I couldn't be more pleased. The image remains
absolutely sharp on all eight slave monitors.

Indeed, if this is for corporate use, I would recommend purchasing a
larger-number-than-two splitter simply because you're likely to find
increasing use for the product over time.

Wirt Atmar