HP3000-L Archives

January 2001, Week 3

Date:
Mon, 15 Jan 2001 14:13:47 -0500
Hello everyone,

    I'm curious if anyone knows. I'm looking into putting a ISBN router on
my current LAN network (wish has a hp3000 mainframe on it), in order for
the network to become a WAN with our 4 sister offices, each with there own
network, The idea is to give everyone (even those employees 100s of miles
away) using the system to access the HP3000 system which is at the central
office (where the router would be).

   My main question is, will a ISBN modem attached to the LAN network at
each sister office be able to support each terminal on the on the sister
Network. Or should I go with a different piece of equitment to get the job
done? Keeping in mind that there will prabably be future expantions and
more offices setup.

Thanks for your help.