HP3000-L Archives

January 2001, Week 2

From:
"Bartram, Chris" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bartram, Chris
Date:
Wed, 10 Jan 2001 11:35:32 -0500
We're trying to setup Vista here to feed reports from our various systems
(one of which is the 3000), which in our case uses Espul from RAC (aka
NetPrint from Minisoft) to control our spooler.
We've setup Espul to send copies of reports to the Vista machine (an NT 4.0
SP5 system) via LPR/LPD, but thus far every (non-$stdlist) report we send to
it causes the Vista process to gag (and throw away the report). Reports from
Peoplesoft on our Sun systems seem to make it into the repository ok, but
they use a custom 'capture' program to feed the reports to the server.
One of the Quest reps mentioned that some sites had this working with 3000s
(but none of the Quest folks onsite here seem to know anything about 3000s).
Any clues from anyone out there? Is there a "trick" to this I need to know?
TIA,
        Chris Bartram