HP3000-L Archives

January 2001, Week 2

From:
Joseph Rosenblatt <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Joseph Rosenblatt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Jan 2001 12:56:46 -0500
I have been writing my plan for the coming year. In it I have mentioned that
we need to replace our Oracle application on the HP e3000 because it is
keeping us from being able to upgrade to newer versions of the O/S etc. I
was able to work into the narrative that we are stuck at our present level
due to our dependence on a legacy application. I thought was quite
gratifying to call our Oracle app a Legacy app. It actually warmed the
cockles of my heart, brought a smile to my lips and a tear to my eye.
Just thought I'd share my pleasure with all of you.

Joseph (I guess it doesn't take much to amuse me) Rosenblatt