HP3000-L Archives

January 2001, Week 2

From:
Jeffrey Kubler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jeffrey Kubler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Jan 2001 18:40:30 -0500
Larry,
Thank can be challenging measurement to capture as many applications are now
character based instead of block mode.  In block mode the entire screen went
down as a package of data and response time could be measured.  In character
each character and sometimes field can go down making the measurement quite
difficult.  If you are measuring what are called first response time (the
time between hitting enter and seeing the screen begin to paint) or prompt
response time (the time between hitting enter and having the screen ready
for input) you can use these in a comparative manner.
Thanks,
Jeff Kubler
Kubler Consulting, Inc.