HP3000-L Archives

January 2001, Week 2

From:
Melvin R Rees <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Melvin R Rees <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Jan 2001 18:18:12 -0600
On Tue, 9 Jan 2001 20:30:25 -0600 (Central Standard Time), "VANCE,JEFF
(HP-Cupertino,ex1)" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>I wrote:
>> I am trying to find the list of commands
>> that can be executed by SYSSTART, but it is taking some time ;(.
>
>Here is the current list of commands that can be executed by SYSSTART,
>taken from the code itself:
I'll probalbly get chewed out for this one (again), but here goes.

To Use NETCONTROL and NSCONTROL in the systart, add the "OVERRIDE"
option to the command.  I have no idea where this is documented, but
it works and has worked for at least 7 years.

:NETCONTROL START;NET=LAN1;OVERRIDE
:NSCONTROL START;OVERRIDE

The issues about the NETCP process could still be an issue and so HP
recommends you start the network after the console is logged on.

Another issue about about streaming jobs in the start up is seem to
require embedded password.  This may be because the console is not
really "logged on" yet so no security options have taken place.  Or
maybe because the sysstart executes under the user that is about to be
automatically logged on.  Small point.

Rgds
Mel Rees