HP3000-L Archives

January 2001, Week 2

From:
Doug Werth <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Doug Werth <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Jan 2001 22:02:22 -0500
Jeff Kell writes:

> Well, a VSCLOSE;NOW might do it but abort a lot of people using the
> volume set.  And that's a console command that you would have to
> finagle a way to execute.  But agreed, it would flush XM and shut the
> volume set cleanly.

You are right Jeff. I quoted the wrong portion of Ken's original message. My
intent was to avoid the problem of not reaching shut 6 during a planned,
graceful shutdown where the network is shut down, users logged off, etc.
Obviously there are situations such as system aborts and power failures
where you it would not apply.

Doug.

Doug Werth                             Beechglen Development Inc.
[log in to unmask]                               Cincinnati, Ohio