HP3000-L Archives

January 2001, Week 2

From:
Cynthia Fowler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Cynthia Fowler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Jan 2001 15:04:50 -0500
Allan Cintron from Quest used to lurk on this list. I don't know if he still does, but if he does, perhaps he can light a fire under someone at Quest to lend a hand. Btw, we've had similar experiences with Quest's tech support. It is more frustrating than some of the stuff that has been posted here about the HP-RC (which I do NOT have problems with, at least not in the past couple of years).

Cindee

Cynthia Bridges-Fowler
MIS Operations Analyst
IMC Salt, Inc., a division of IMC Global
Overland Park, KS
http://www.imcsalt.com

>>> Ric Merz <[log in to unmask]> 01/12/01 01:47PM >>>
I had a similar experience in ~1999.  I was trying to use the NetBase
Client software to access Image from a PC using Delphi.  The Quest
technical support personnal didn't seem to even know their product existed.
 Then they couldn't get it working.  And they didn't seem interested
either.  I finally got help from someone at HP who supplied me with Quest's
"current" DLL for the PC!  Quest was no help!

At 08:32 AM 1/12/2001 -0600, you wrote:
>On Wed, 10 Jan 2001 10:45:49 -0600 (Central Standard Time), "Bartram,
>Chris" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>

>>One of the Quest reps mentioned that some sites had this working with 3000s
>>(but none of the Quest folks onsite here seem to know anything about 3000s).
>>Any clues from anyone out there? Is there a "trick" to this I need to know?
>
>So are you saying that Quest tech. support can't help you with
>this...? Sounds like if the literature says "supported on the 3000"
>then it's up to Quest tech. support to prove it. If they don't make
>that claim ... um, ouch!

Ric