HP3000-L Archives

January 2001, Week 2

From:
David Burney <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 12 Jan 2001 11:14:23 -0500
On Thursday, January 11, 2001 6:13 PM, Mark Bixby  wrote:
<snip>
:
: But I'm aware of people (at least one on HP3000-L) who have been dabbling or
: who have plans to dabble in this area.  If these people would like to say
: anything publicly about their efforts, this thread would be a good place to
: do
: so.
</snip>

I've managed to set up a prototype that takes an XML post from
an IIS webserver to the HPe3000 running Apache. This in turn
invokes an Perl XML  parser that extracts the data I want, makes
a socket connection to a COBOL server program which handles
the Image processing and returns the data via sockets to the
Perl script.  Which in turn posts it back to the IIS server via Apache.

Since there was no direct access to Image via Perl, I decided to
leverage the existing COBOL code that accessed Image and wrap
client server code around it for IPC between Perl and the COBOL
code.

-------
David Burney                               [log in to unmask]
Summit Racing Equipment                     http://www.summitracing.com
Politicians and diapers have one thing in common. They should both be
             changed regularly and for the same reason.
      All opinions expressed herein are my own and reflect,
                  in no way, those of my employer.