HP3000-L Archives

January 2001, Week 2

From:
Dennis Heidner <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dennis Heidner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Jan 2001 01:16:39 -0600
Paul,

I agree.  Since we need to either launch a job with the network commands in
it, or do a startsess on the console and execute them in a UDC (or script).
 It is just as easy to add the NEWJOBQ at there.  Currently we have dynamic
JOBQUES that we can create and destroy pretty much at our conveinence.  I
would see the ability to configure static JOBQUE names in SYSGEN such that
they are permanent and CAN NOT be purged by a user.  I.E.  an reboot
required.

Static jobques would eliminate the need for the NEWJOBQ command executing
in the SYSSTART.  It also means that you should be able to use a START
RECOVER and save those queued up jobs.