HP3000-L Archives

January 2001, Week 1

From:
Wirt Atmar <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 3 Jan 2001 17:48:09 EST
Wayne asks:

> What I would love to discover is a set of intrinsics which will provide this
>  kind of info.  ie: call the intrinsic to findout what LDEV #s are for class
>  "LJ" or find out the class for a certain LDEV # and take appropriate
> software
>  action depending upon the info.  Lots of ways to smarten up software for a
>  more modern world if this is or will be available somewhere/somehow.

You could get all of this information out of a file-based output of sysgen,
listing all the various i/o devices. Once it's in a file, you could write a
program to parse the output to seek out and reformat it into tables designed
for the easy retrieval of whatever information you're interested in.

That actually wouldn't be much more trouble than calling one of the
DBINFO-like intrinsics that generates long lists.

Wirt Atmar