HP3000-L Archives

January 2001, Week 1

From:
Neil Armstrong <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Neil Armstrong <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Jan 2001 15:54:12 -0800
Hi Gary,

I think this typically means that the program that you are trying to run has
capabilities that exceed those of the group, account or user is
allowed. To fix this issue, the first step is to see what capabilities
that the program has, and the only way that I know of thru MPE
utilities is thru linkedit. A sample of this would be to do the following:

Calvin:linkedit
HP Link Editor/iX (HP30315A.06.14) Copyright Hewlett-Packard Co 1986

LinkEd> listprog prog=mail;data

PROGRAM        : MAIL
XL LIST        :
CAPABILITIES   : BA, IA, PM
NMHEAP SIZE    :
NMSTACK SIZE   :
ENTRY NAME     :
UNSAT NAME     :
PRIORITY       :
MAX PRIORITY   :
POSIX          : NO
SHARED DATA    : NO
TEXT SIZE      : 0001C31C
DATA SIZE      : 00010008
VERSION        : 85082112

Sym                       C H X P Sym    Sym        Sym     Lset
Name                              Type  Scope      Value    Name
$PFA_C_END                0       data  univ    dp+00010008
$PFA_C_START              0       data  univ    dp+00010008
$dp$                      0       data  univ    dp+00000000
$global$                  0       data  univ    dp+00000000
_db_area                  0       data  univ    dp+00000008

LinkEd>

Once you determine the capabilities that the program has compared to the
group and account, you should be able to run this program.

Neil