HP3000-L Archives

January 2001, Week 1

From:
Jim Phillips <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jim Phillips <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Jan 2001 09:16:53 -0500
Nick Demos <[log in to unmask]> writes:

> This has come up for discussion before.  Further notes:

> 1.  Replacement cartridges are VERY expensive.

Oh, I don't know.  They (the crayon colorstix) appear to be about the same
price as an inkjet cartridge (US$40).  I don't know how many pages you get
from each colorstix.  Plus you get free black colorstix.

> 2.  Keep it on all the time.  It uses cartridges 10 times faster
> if not left on all the time.
>     There is a technical reason for this I won't get into here.

This is nice.  We used to leave our HP LJ 4500 on all the time also, but it
still took a *long* time to warm up after coming back from powersave mode.
The Xerox printer warms up quite quickly compared to it.

Actually, I am quite impressed with the output quality and as soon as we can
get those pesky price sheets switched over to Postscript (instead of PCL),
we shouldn't have any complaints.

Jim Phillips                           Information Systems Manager
Email: [log in to unmask]     Therm-O-Link, Inc.
Phone: 330-527-2124                    P. O. Box 285
Fax:   330-527-2123                    10513 Freedom Street
Web:   http://www.tolwire.com          Garrettsville, OH  44231