HP3000-L Archives

January 2001, Week 1

Date:
Tue, 2 Jan 2001 09:44:26 -0700
Leonard,

   What Tracy spells out below is perfect.  One more suggestion, though:
Log on or CHGROUP to the group you want to purge, perform the PURGEGROUP
while your in it, and you won't have to re-build your group!  You will get
the message: "In use. Can't be Purged. (CIERR 916), but the files will be
gone!

Hope this helps,

Chris the geek
----------

I Leonard,

Here's 2 old tricks from the Classic days:

STORE the files you want to delete to tape with the PURGE parameter.

or if that doesn't work (this is the final solution):

STORE the files you want to keep, PURGEGROUP, rebuild the
group, then RESTORE those files.

Tracy Johnson
MSI Schaevitz Sensors

Posted from www.3kworld.com