SCUBA-SE Archives

January 2001

From:
Reef Fish <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Jan 2001 06:35:51 -0500
On Wed, 3 Jan 2001 22:08:55 -0600, Mike <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Just when I thought this LIST is moribund ... well maybe it is, judging
from the posters and the SCUBA content.  :-)  I'll pitch in for my OT
contribution of this New Millennium.

>Cool Wayne. I'll holler when I get it and then send it back to Bob or
>to whoever is next.....

The LATTER.  Just keep the video FLOATING (that's about as Ob Scuba
as this post will get).  The posts generated by that alone will be
more than the total Scuba-SE posts in the past 4 years ... before
the "refugees" moved in last year.  Just look, in this round
of "Bob's video" alone, it lasted TWO millenniums!  :-)

>On 3 Jan 2001, at 20:02, Wayne & Rita McKenzie wrote:

Which reminded me I still have Viv's video to pass on to the
Skinny Trumpetfish (aka Jeff) in Chattanooga.  He also forgot to pick
up several other videos I had intended for him to look at, like
Cocos Island, Fuuniest Fishes, etc.

If we start passing videos around, then the SE of this list could be
changed to "Scuba-video Exchange" the acronym SE.  I am sure you're
all overwhelmed and choked up by this brilliant idea of mine.  ;-)

Now onto some REAL OT (that's OFF Topic for the unwashed) stuff.

We spent the LAST DAY of 2000 and the FIRST DAY of 2001 in BOTH
our homes, in SC and TN.  :-)

We made an impromptu trip to Chattanooga New Year's Eve, hauling
some stuff to complete her new home office.  We had an early NY
Eve dinner in Atlanta before finishing the trip to Chattanooga.
We unloaded our van, installed Sue's office stuff just in time to
watch the Time Square Ball drop.  Sue was so anxious to welcome
the New Year that she broke the cork of our bottle of Napoleon
Cognac while I sipped my po-man's concoction of 1 part Tsing-Tao
beer and 5-part diet Sprite.  :-))))   So that's how we spent a
quiet 12/31 in both SC and TN.

On New Year's Day, we left TN early not sure of road conditions
because of the SNOW that started that morning.  We got back to
SC just in time to see the Tigers (Clemson's over-rated football
team) getting stomped by Virginia Tech on TV (as everyone expected).
That's how we spene 1/1/01 in both TN and SC.

The final OT are a few pics to show the site of a pending mini-NEDfest
where the Nassau Groupers, the Skinny Trumpetfish and mate, and the
Wallaces (Strike's favorite Triggerfish?) are threathened to be held
at some indefinite time in the future.  The nurse-shark tail-puller
has been mentioned as a possible candidate.  Hey, this is Ob SCUBA
afterall.  :-)

At any rate, my SCUBA webpage (which was constructed in less than
30 minutes with the help of Bjorn and the Yahoo Wizard) has been
moribund since birth.  :-)  A HTML Idiot that I am, I managed to
remember how to put some PICs in the toolbox there ... soooo ... here
are some isolated jpgs to show the Feeesh Aquarium in the making.

       How it looked in the AD
http://geocities.com/large_nassau_grouper/homead.jpg

       How it look in October (shrubs turned red)
http://geocities.com/large_nassau_grouper/homeoct.jpg
http://geocities.com/large_nassau_grouper/backyard.jpg

       How it looked after a snow in November
http://geocities.com/large_nassau_grouper/homenov.jpg

       These are two walls along an empty livingroom
http://geocities.com/large_nassau_grouper/living.jpg

Ob scuba:  If you look VERY carefully, there is a Rio de Janeiro
Piranha (twin to the one I gave Jeff) in front of the Ironwood
Nurse Shark on the fireplace mantle.

       This is one-half of one bathroom :-)
http://geocities.com/large_nassau_grouper/bathroom.jpg

If any of you happen to pass by Choo Choo City while WE are there
(which is quite rare these days :-)), you're invited to drop by to
visit the Feeesh Aquarium as well as the famous Chattanooga
Aquarium which boasts to be the largest Aquarium of FRESH water
fishies.

Adios, Ciao, Au revoir, Auf Wiedeersehen, etc.

-- Bob.