SCUBA-SE Archives

January 2001

From:
David Strike <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Jan 2001 14:34:15 +1100
On Monday, January 08, 2001 12:19 PM, Poe Lim wrote:

> > On the subject of testing new equipment, I tried out a new set of
Apollo's
> > Bio-fins during yesterday's dive.

> Are the silver ones you tried the same as the Bio-Fins pro (black rubber),
> except for the colour, or is it like the newer single-coloured ones?

No!  The silver ones are a brand new model.  They have far stiffer blades
than the pro and the foot pocket is one of the most comfortable that I've
ever experienced.

> > I also notice that TUSA have just released a new split fin.  Has anyone
> > tried these out yet?

> Saw it on the weekend, but the pre-production and production model. Should
> have asked to try it out, as the blades are a lot stiffer than the Bios,
and
> Chris (from ProDive Nelson Bay) liked them (he was using the
pre-production
> model with a greater angle between the blade and the foot pocket) better
> than the Bios. Am sort of interested in them, but there are now so many
> choices in split fins...

I'm planning on giving the TUSA fins a whirl this week just to make
comparisons.  But were I in the market for a new pair of fins I'd still - at
this stage - lean towards the Scubapro Twin Jets.  They were very
business-like and - apart from the price ticket <bwg> suited my finning
style to a 'T'!  :-)

Strike