SCUBA-SE Archives

January 2001

Date:
Tue, 16 Jan 2001 15:27:42 -0600
We are seeing this more around here also. I have several of these
tanks also and am slowly replacing them.

On 16 Jan 2001, at 15:56, Ed Graves wrote:

> Question for the group. A chain of dive shops here in the Puget Sound region has made the decision not to fill any aluminum scuba 'tanks' manufactured before 1989. This has caused some bitter discussions among local divers. Claims that this is a not-so-clever ploy by the dive shop to force
divers to buy new tanks have been thrown around. I have a couple of 1988 tanks, so it does effect me slightly, since these are my Nitrox tanks and I get them filled at a shop that hasn't 'banned' pre-1989 tanks.
> Has anyone else run into this? Is this an extreme reaction?
> Ed

Mike