SCUBA-SE Archives

January 2001

From:
John Bird <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Jan 2001 15:00:17 -0800
I have a few videos down here. Oddly enough, the ones in my
collection are of the Great Barrier Reef featuring, sharks,
fishies, coral, critters, Strike, rays, Strike,
man-eating-triggerfish and triggerfish-eating-man, Strike,
Julian making faces and rude gestures, Japanese folks making
faces and rude gestures, some more sharks, the underside of the
boat and some more fish.

Now I would love to share them with the group however there is
one slight technical hitch......all the videos are in the PAL
format (50 cycles, 625 scan lines) which means that the average
North American VCR ain't gonna make 'em work.

Now if you do have a PAL or a PAL compatible VHS machine, I
would be happy to put one on the circuit. Of course once you get
a gander of the Reef, you'll be running out to book a holiday to
Australia quick smart. Be warned!!

 Thrill to the excellent footage of young Tak, the videographer,
who almost films his own demise as a rogue Hammerhead starts to
nibble his fins.

The videos I have were shot on digital (not by me) and the
reproduction is superb. If interested, email me and I'll let ya
borrow one or 2. Sites include the Cod Hole, Steve's Bommie,
Osprey Reef and a shark feed. There is no narration with these,
just muzak. (annoying muzak at that!) Feel free to play the
soundtrack to "Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea" over top. A far
better choice.

Cheers

=====
John Bird