HP3000-L Archives

December 2000, Week 4

From:
Neil Harvey <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Neil Harvey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Dec 2000 19:36:19 +0200
My understanding of Advanced Telnet is that it is public domain, or at least
the spec is available from HP, and that WRQ, MiniSoft, Millware and others
may implement it in future releases of their emulators - it certainly works
for me with QCTerm.

In fact, sometimes when I connect over VPN's or normal Internet connections
to sites we support, or to Wirt's server in New Mexico, it astonishes me
just what an advancement it is over normal Telnet.

At times, it makes our feeble pipes in South Africa seem like storm water
drains during a drought :)

Regards

Neil

P.S. A peaceful and safe Christmas break to all.