HP3000-L Archives

December 2000, Week 2

From:
Ken Hirsch <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ken Hirsch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Dec 2000 13:24:19 -0500
I doubt that's what's happening.  If you FTP in binary mode, no bytes will
be translated.
Either
  (1) The characters exist before you transfer
  (2)  The characters are added by you doing something after you transfer
or, most likely,
  (3) The extra characters are not there.  How are you looking at the file?
Did you use FCOPY;HEX or /bin/od to really look at the individual bytes?