HP3000-L Archives

December 2000, Week 2

From:
Michael Rothwell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Michael Rothwell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Dec 2000 11:31:34 -0600
I searched in dejanews for this and didn't find anything, so I'm hoping
that someone out there will be able to help me.

I'm writing a file that contains binary data ( Cobol COMP3 format ) on
an HP UX box.  I need to be able to transfer this file to a HP 3000 box,
but when I do the data does not appear correctly on the 3000.  On UX the
field containing the COMP3 formatted data has special control characters
in it ( ie:  ^L ) that appears as 2 chars but in reallity is only a
single char.  When it gets to the 3000, it actually shows up as 2 chars
instead of 1 as it should.  I've tried FTPing the file in binary format,
and using Batchnet to transmit the file.

If anyone knows what I'm doing wrong, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Michael.