HP3000-L Archives

December 2000, Week 2

From:
Gavin Scott <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Gavin Scott <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Dec 2000 17:27:41 -0800
Ken writes:
> I had to "stretch" the "semi-civilized" a bit more than on
> any previous trip to SIG3000:   Ended up locking in a room at
> the Sunnyvale - North Motel 6..

Hey, we live less than a mile from there.  The area is quite "civilized"
thank you very much.

> that's right:  Motel 6:  Still $60 per night...

I would have thought that even a Motel 6 around here would be up to at least
$150 by now.

> BUT:  Note even Motel 6 will be raising rates on 1
> Jan.  Amount TBD, but still expected to be tolerable (and a
> heck of a lot cheaper than anything else).

Of course dot coms are going out of business hourly around here, so there
just might be some cheaper hotel rooms available in a couple months.

> Sunnyvale - North Motel 6 is just south of US Hwy 101 at the
> Mathilda Ave exit (which is next exit east of where 101 & Hwy
> 237 cross close to Moffet Field);  a couple miles north & a little
> west of the HP Mothership:  775 N Mathilda Ave, Sunnyvale.

Basically to get to HP you so south on Mathilda ~2.5 miles which eventually
becomes DeAnza, turn left on Homestead, and HP will be on your right in a
mile or so.  It doesn't get much easier.  This direction of travel is
counter-commute, so expect ~10-15 minutes to get to HP from there in the
morning.

> Note there is also a (surprisingly) separate Sunnyvale - South
> Motel 6 essentially right across the street:

More than "essentially".  Try "literally".

G.