HP3000-L Archives

December 2000, Week 2

From:
bArtoque <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 13 Dec 2000 12:46:41 -0600
Thanx to all that reacted,

I think I'll be going for a simple ALTPROC JOB=#J!HPJOBNAME;PRI=152 (C-queue
lies between 152 and 200) from within the backup job itself, so that the
backup job takes everythin' it needs from CPU. I can leave queue definition
alone (using E-queue for backupjob by overlapping queue range with the
C-queue (i.e. c=152-200 and e=175-220).

I do it this way since we don't have operators available to do it during
backup time; there's no interactive possibility. Seems like a nice solution.

Only thing I'm still wondering about is, does the PRI=152 eventually decay
or not within the queue... is it really fixed?

bArtoque