HP3000-L Archives

December 2000, Week 2

From:
"Simpkins, Terry" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Simpkins, Terry
Date:
Wed, 13 Dec 2000 03:32:44 -0500
I wanted to take a minute to thank everyone who responded to our request
for help.  The result was great.  We found a local source for an external
HP SureStore DAT8 (PC drive) and hooked it to the external SCSI port.
It is working like a champ.  Just to be on the safe side, I have a space
regular drive being overnighted to Hong Kong.  Getting computer parts
through the Chinese customs is NOT an overnight effort.  So I will take
the train to Hong Kong and carry it back through in my bag.  (can you
say dark Chinese jail???)  Seriously we don't expect any problem, this
is just the most expedient way.

Thanks again to all those who replied, time doesn't allow personal replies
to all.
By the way, you won't believe what that DAT cost, 7000RMB, or about
$875US.  can you say "desperate Yankee sucker?"

Terry Simpkins