HP3000-L Archives

December 2000, Week 1

From:
Gavin Scott <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Gavin Scott <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Dec 2000 14:50:35 -0800
Tony clucks:
> Maybe McDonald's new happy meal prize isn't the best idea :-)
>
> http://www.foxnews.com/etcetera/120100/chicken_head.sml

From that URL:

***

Stephen H. Pitler, a personal-injury lawyer in Hampton, Va., suspects Ortega
might have a viable lawsuit against McDonald's, but wouldn't speculate on
the amount of damages that could be awarded.

"I think there's a contractual breach," Pitler said. "It has to be
determined if there's been any physical or psychological injury from the
incident. Maybe there's a continued nausea or she gets sick to her stomach
every time she passes a McDonald's. McDonald's should compensate her, it's
just a question of the extent."

***

Let's see, after several billion headless McNuggets, we get one with a beak.
I suppose the trauma of actually being exposed to the fact that you're
eating a bird must be worth at least a couple million dollars in
compensation in our wonderful modern society.  What a bunch of opportunist
whiners people are these days.

Actually, in looking at the picture, I *can* see that whoever got this thing
might have been in serious danger of laughing themselves to death, but "a
continued nausea"?  What a wonderfully silly legalese medical condition.  I
don't think so.

G.