HP3000-L Archives

December 2000, Week 1

From:
Wirt Atmar <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 1 Dec 2000 14:53:20 EST
I've already received several dozen replies, most of which are requesting to
be added to the list. We're really quite pleased to do that. But I also
received two notices from people who requested calendars last year who said
they never received them.

While 2 misses out of 700 tries is less than the accepted error rate for
voting in Florida, it's totally unacceptable here in New Mexico.
Unfortunately, the process is open-loop. We have no way of ascertaining
whether or not the calendars actually arrive (or arrive in one piece). Thus,
this year, if you requested a calendar and never get it, don't be shy about
saying somebody screwed up. If you don't receive your requested calendar by
the middle of January (or it arrives in poor form), we'll be pleased to make
you a new one and resend it.

I'll also include with this year's calendar two sheets of output created by
the Tektronix/Xerox 850 "free" color printer than Glenn Cole first mentioned
on the list a few weeks ago. The output is worth seeing. While one sheet will
be blatant advertising, the other won't be. The second sheet will be a
minature (8.5" x 11") copy of the Anaheim giant poster, but with your name on
it. But most importantly, both of these sheets will also be created wholly on
an HP3000, personalized with your name written into them, drawn from an IMAGE
database, and printed as a batch job on one of our 918s to the new Xerox 850
printer.

Wirt Atmar