HP3000-L Archives

December 2000, Week 1

From:
Paul Gobes <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Paul Gobes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Dec 2000 08:21:33 -0800
Juan Pineiro <[log in to unmask]> asks

>2. We've developed a front end for Suprtool that collects and logs all
>commands entered - I know this sounds extreme - but any ways. One of
>things we were also hoping to do was force online screen query outputs to
>a temporary file which would then be displayed back to the user.  Suprtool

>queries to screen display the field names and in two columns.  Attempts to

>redisplay a piped ">out" version of that file results in very messy
>mis-aligned file. Any CCTL or MPEX PRINT;FORMAT secret we can use to
>correct this?

It sounds like your Suprtool task is using the LIST command, have you
tried adding the STANDARD option?   e.g.   >list standard
This produces a more formatted listing than the simple two columns.

/paul
Paul Gobes, Technical Support Mgr.
Robelle Solutions Technology Inc.
888 ROBELLE (762-3553)  or 1-604-582-1700
[log in to unmask]   fax: 1-604-582-1799