HP3000-L Archives

December 2000, Week 1

From:
Russ Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Russ Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Dec 2000 12:30:06 -0500
Juan,

How about using an intermediate file to capture just the first 100 lines and
FTPing it instead of the original.

    setvar recsize;finfo("!origfile",14)
    build INTFILE;disc=100;rec=!recsize
    file outfile=INTFILE,old;acc=append
    print !origfile;end=100 >>*outfile

This way you only send the first (up to) 100 lines.

Rs~

Russ Smith, Systems Consultant
Problem Solved, Vacaville, CA
r s m i t h @ c u - h e l p . c o m