HP3000-L Archives

December 2000, Week 1

From:
Doug Werth <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Doug Werth <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Dec 2000 10:21:21 -0500
Jim,

A probable cause for this is DTC(s) on your network with transceivers that
are not supplying SQE Heartbeat. This will cause the DTC to "complain" to
the host system (the 3000) that it is experiencing heartbeat losses. The
disc activity you are seeing is the HP logging this information.  Check all
DTCs that have 10BaseT transceivers and be sure to enable SQE Heartbeat (or
SQE Test as some will have it labeled.)

Doug.

Doug Werth                             Beechglen Development Inc.
[log in to unmask]                               Cincinnati, Ohio