HP3000-L Archives

December 2000, Week 1

From:
Jim Marshall <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jim Marshall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Dec 2000 07:00:46 -0500
I ran a report showing disc write activity on our system (979/200) using SOS
from Lund.  The report was run for each day last week.  On the top of the
list each day with 35% of disc writes is a program with a "blank" program
name.  Number two on the list and on down are actual programs on our system.
The run count each day of this "blank" program is 64.  I'm guessing it is
some sort of system process, but having identical run counts each day makes
no sense.  Any ideas on what this could be?

Jim Marshall
D.P. Operations
Steel Warehouse Company
(219) 236-5104