HP3000-L Archives

December 2000, Week 1

From:
Larry Barnes <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Larry Barnes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Dec 2000 08:01:48 -0700
Bob,

If you make a change in the nmmgr configuration file and then validate you
should be prompted if you want to automatically update.  If you respond "Y" then
nmmgr will attempt to update your configuration.  If dynamic configuration is
not turned on then you will get an error and it will then tell you the changes
will go into effect the next time the DTC(s) are power cycled.

To turn on dynamic config.  you need to have all printers attached to every DTC
stopped and you can't have any sessions logged on thru a DTC.

>From the console log on as manager.sys into the pub.sys group and type
'DTCCNTRL'  a short menu will appear:

: dtccntrl
0 exit
1 dynamically implement DTS changes made in NMMGR
2 view status of last DTS dynamic configuration
3 automatically add a new DTC
4 shut down DTS subsystem
5 restart DTS subsystem
6 manage/dynamically configure host-based X.25
7 help

First I would select option 4.  Then when that completes select option 5.

You can use option 7 for a brief help file.

Once you've turned this option on you shouldn't have to do it again.  It's a
great way to make DTC config changes on the fly.

--
Larry Barnes
Director of I.T.

Check Us Out !