SCUBA-SE Archives

December 2000

From:
Christian Gerzner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Dec 2000 16:33:57 +1100
J.M. Vitoux <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

B'jour Jean-Marc,

> Glad to see everything ended well. One question though (I'm
> totally unfamiliar with doubles setups): Is it not possible for
> you to turn things off yourself?

Well, yes, but Roger was right there at my left when it happened, was
not carrying a camera (for a change) and it seemed at the time that this
should be the better option.

Whether it was, or wasn't, is anybody's guess really. Perhaps it wasn't
since he did not realise my indication that it was the left post, but I
didn't realise that he didn't ...

Incidentally I took the reg to Carlo today. There was nothing wrong with
the 1st stage at all, so it was my imagination that this might also have
blown. When Carlo took the cover off the second stage he looked at me
suspiciously and said "Eh, you-a take-a da cover off dis?" (no doubt you
can tell that my approximation of an Italian accent is pretty ordinary)
but I can't remember having done that recently. He then showed me where
part of the lip of the diaphragm was folded onto itself.

Cheers,

Christian