HP3000-L Archives

November 2000, Week 5

From:
Wirt Atmar <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 30 Nov 2000 17:24:09 EST
From today's Associated Press newswire:

=======================================

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (Nov. 30) - Like many other Americans, O.J. Simpson watched
TV as cameras followed a truckload of election ballots headed for the state
capital. His verdict? ``This is boring!''

``All I could think of was now I know what people went through when they were
trying to watch the basketball game and my Bronco was going up the freeway,''
he said in a telephone interview Thursday.

``In my case it may have been a little more intriguing because people didn't
know what was going to happen,'' said Simpson. ``Here they know the ballots
are going to get to Tallahassee.''

As a new Florida resident, Simpson said he voted in Miami-Dade County and is
confident his vote was cast accurately. But he said he's talked to many who
had problems.

``I know a woman who said she hit her ballot twice,'' he said. ``I think they
should recount all the votes.''

It's my understanding, following the release of this news story, that OJ has
promised to put up four million dollars as a reward to find the "real
ballots."

Wirt Atmar