HP3000-L Archives

November 2000, Week 5

From:
Bob Sorenson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bob Sorenson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Nov 2000 15:59:54 -0600
Hello Everyone.  Has anyone seen the following error?:
* 8 device class name(s) being added into PRNETPR.

CTL ERROR: System error: NDM nm_find_port error,

err_num = -49, proc_num = -26. (CTLERR 101)

CTL ERROR: DTC09 dynamic configuration failed.

CTL ERROR: Dynamic configuration failed.

I get this error after validating DTS/LINK in NMMGR.  It happens on our 997/400
(5.5 pp 6) anytime I add device class names to a printer profile I have set up
under a pseudo-DTC.  I always have to bounce the machine to get MPE to see the
devices.  On our 939 and 979 boxes, I *am* able to dynamically add device class
names.  Everything seems to be the same in the configuration across the
machines.

I have a call in to the HPRC and had one of their best network engineers looking
at this.  Even he seems stumped.  They are still reviewing.

Any comments would be greatly appreciated.    :-)

Bob Sorenson
System Manager

INFOTRUST
1615 S. Lakeside Drive - Suite 200