HP3000-L Archives

November 2000, Week 5

From:
Barry Durand <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Barry Durand <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Nov 2000 12:06:43 -0800
I would be very suspicious of the tape you were running
through at that time.  Was it a brand new tape or one
that had been used before?  If you really wanted
to test it, I would clean the tape drive and then
run that same tape through again and see if the clean
light comes back on.  If it does, I would toss that tape.

HTH,

Barry

On 30 Nov 00, at 14:24, Sean Rich wrote:

> Hello,
>
> My backup aborted today because of the following error, indicating a
> problem with the DDS tape drive:
>
>  STORE ENCOUNTERED MEDIA WRITE ERROR ON LDEV 7  (S/R 1454)
>  SPECIFICALLY, STORE RECEIVED ERROR -44 FROM THE IO
>   SYSTEM (S/R 1557)
>
> The 'clean' light was flashing even though I had just run the cleaning tape
> through on Monday. When I ran it through again today the light went off. Is
> this anything to worry about?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Sean
>
> Sean Rich
> ERB Industries, Inc.
> http://www.e-ERB.com
> (770) 926-7944 x304

Barry Durand           [log in to unmask]
Allegro Consultants    408.252.2330
http://www.allegro.com/people/durand/index.html
Opinions are mine, not my employer's