HP3000-L Archives

November 2000, Week 5

From:
Ola Kristiansen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ola Kristiansen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Nov 2000 09:02:33 -0600
Hello all,

Is there anyone out there who has any experience with Barecode readers used
as
input for programs running in a terminal window ?

We are using microchips to identify horses. These chips have a 15 digit code
and are
supplied with barcodelabels which we use on different schemas to the owners
and vets.
To identify the schemas we get in return and avoid mistyping, we want to
read the attached
 labels with a barcode reader ( pen ?) and use this 15 digit key as a
startingpoint for further
input from the keyboard.
We use PC's running Reflection and are using two HP3000's for our
production.
We write most of our programs in COBOL and we don't use VPLUS.

We would like to hear if anyone use a combination of
input from barcodereaders and keybords in a setting resembling this.

Regards
Det Norske Travselskap
Ola Kristiansen
Datasjef