HP3000-L Archives

November 2000, Week 4

From:
Karsten Holland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 22 Nov 2000 17:23:27 -0600
Hello-

We are a medium sized distributor in the Midwest- considering opening our
3000 to FTP. Possibly purchasing a small 3000 to sit outside the firewall,
or by opening outbound FTP from the 3000 through the firewall software.
Currently we use a proxy server to protect our network from the Internet. Is
anybody out there currently using a 3000 as an FTP server inside/outside a
firewall? Should the server to have dual IP addresses by installing two
Ethernet cards, one address for the Internet connection, the other for
access from within our firewall protected network? What are the security
issues with doing either of these configurations? How are FTP connections
counted against the site user license? Any problems using a 3000 with MPEiX
6.5 as your FTP server?

Thanks in advance,
Karsten Holland
MIS Site Manager