HP3000-L Archives

November 2000, Week 4

From:
Ron Seybold <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ron Seybold <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Nov 2000 16:36:56 -0600
Hello Friends:

Dave Darnell asks how his customer might put information into a
Oracle database but maintain the 3000 application's ability to access
the data.

I heard about a new middleware solution in Europe from CSL called
Linkway BridgeMaster. It promises to allow an HP 3000 program access
to any external data source as though it were resident on the HP
3000. Oracle is included in the list of supported databases.

I'm not sure if Speedware apps are supported -- I didn't ask when I
talked to CSL about it during the "Let's Go e!" seminar in Amsterdam
this month.

Contact Robin Foley at CSL: [log in to unmask]

--

Ron Seybold, Editor In Chief
The 3000 NewsWire