HP3000-L Archives

November 2000, Week 4

From:
Barry Lake <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Barry Lake <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Nov 2000 11:42:52 -0800
At 2:07 PM -0500 11/22/00, LES BUREAUX DE CRÉDIT DU NORD INC wrote:
>My programmer needs to find difference between the system date and the
>date stored in a file and incorporate that function in an S.P.L. program.
>Do you know of an intrinsic or a routine that will do the job?

Take a look at the HPDATEDIFF intrinsic. The description from my intrinsics
manual states, "This intrinsic determines the number of days that separate
two given dates."  Sounds like just what you need.

NOTE: Unforutunately, this intrinsic is NM callable only, so you probably
won't be able to call it directly from SPL. However, there are a couple of
potential solutions to this.

1)

<PLUG>

Buy the SPLash! compiler from Allegro Consultants. In most cases it will
compile your SPL code without change.

Please see http://www.allegro.com/products/hp3000/splash.html for more
information.

</PLUG>

2) Using Pascal/iX or C/ix (or even better, gcc!), or any other native mode
language, write an external routine that calls HPDATEDIFF. Put it in an XL.
Then write stubs to allow your CM SPL program to call the external date
routine.

Barry Lake                              [log in to unmask]
Allegro Consultants, Inc.               www.bogus.allegro.com
(408)252-2330
--------
Attempting to reduce spam influx.
Remove ".bogus" to create valid address.