HP3000-L Archives

November 2000, Week 3

From:
Lane Rollins <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lane Rollins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Nov 2000 13:41:08 -0800
on 11/20/00 1:20 PM, Chuck Ryan at [log in to unmask] wrote:

> How would this work when you are sterpping thru a program in XDB?

My guess is it wouldn't from XDB, but since I've never used it I can't say
for sure. One possibility would be to use three session and map stdlist and
stdin for XDB to one message file/session window each. It would be a tad
strange but it might work. If that worked you might be able to write a small
app to do the reading and writing to separate message files. If somebody
wanted to buy me a copy of XDB I would be happy to play with the idea.

If you where inserting code in your vplus app to output info to $stdlist the
redirecting through a message file would give you real time viewing of the
information versus looking at a flat file after the fact.

-Lane