HP3000-L Archives

November 2000, Week 2

From:
John Burke <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Burke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Nov 2000 09:34:54 -0800
I do not have any personal experience with either of these printers;
however, you might try, in addition to the snmp_enabled=false directive, the
following in npconfig for the printers in question and see if it helps:

        pjl_supported=false
        banner_header=false
        banner_trailer=false
        jam_recovery=false

Note that you need only stopspool/startspool when changing individual
printer directives in npconfig. Note also that the printers MUST recognize
PCL (code phrase may be something like "emulates or compatible with HP
LaserJet xxx"). Switching to a JetDirect box and parallel connection to the
printers is not likely effect your current problem.

You do not say what type of network the printers are hooked up to; however,
if it is NT, you need to check to ensure the NT server they are spooled off
does not have exclusive control of the printer. I'm far from an expert on
this, but I believe there is a checkbox somewhere in the printer dialogue on
the NT server that addresses this.

HTH,
John