HP3000-L Archives

November 2000, Week 2

From:
Steve Dirickson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Steve Dirickson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Nov 2000 12:23:18 -0800
> I believe that Steve Dirickson's script will have problems if
> the directory name or e-mail address has a space in it.

Correct. Of course, then it violates the format specified for the input
file:
 "As written, the delimiter between the directory name and address can be a
space or a tab,....".

If you need spaces in directory names, change the 'for' command to look like
this:
   for /F "eol=; tokens=1,2 delims=?" %%i in (%1) do call fwdparse "%%i" %%j

with data like
   dummy dir [log in to unmask]

If you also need spaces in the names (is that legal?), wrap the '%%j'
parameters in double quotes to match the '%%i' parameters. This will put the
double quotes into the forward.ima file. If '?' doesn't work as a delimiter,
use something else--ideally a character that is invalid both in
directory/file names and in addresses (if there is such a character).

Steve