HP3000-L Archives

November 2000, Week 2

From:
Dennis Heidner <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dennis Heidner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Nov 2000 12:31:49 -0600
Bruce Toback wrote:

>>Again, where's the evidence that a hand count is more accurate than a
machine count?

I think the best evidence is that in 1997, Gov Bush signed into Texas law a
bill that mandates a hand count when any re-count is necessary.   The
reason stated then was that chad often was not completely separated and
would occasionally be folded back into the hole.  They identified one group
of citizens in particular that have problems cleaning punching the holes
--- seniors.  Remember this was the Texas findings - part of the discussion
before bill 331(?) was signed into law.

Since Palm Beach county leans heavily toward the democrats AND it has a
high senior population,  no wonder that the Bush team doesn't want a manual
count.  The have a pretty good idea of what the out come might be...

I would really like to know who truly won the election.  I'd like to see
recounts (manual if necessary) in all the very close states.  I.E.  NM, IA,
WI, OR, NH as well a statewide manual recount of FL.